Thursday, February 21, 2008

Budapest and Eva


Chainbridge (built 1848), Budapest,Hungary






Hello,



I have been really looking forward to going home for a visit, which is Hungary. I have not been at home in the past 2 yrs. It means a lot to me every time I make these travels. As you get younger and I am very young ( almost 100 yrs young ;-) ) , you really start appreciating moments in life which connects you to the feeling of happiness and love. I like to think that I have a lot of these moments, without them my life does not mean too much! I miss my mom, my friends and I really do miss them when I say that. I miss the smell after the rain, the smell that hits you when entering a pastry shop, the early mornings where your best friends are the birds and bugs and wonders of life.... the village mentality where getting along really refers to survival, funny stories about people's life and hospitality. Anyhow before I make it too too long I decided to post some pics of my old home and if you tune in while I am away perhaps you will have a chance to experience more of Hungary and its people through my eyes.



Just a side note: I can be reached at ehadhazy@gmail.com, while away , which is from March 1st to April the 30th. If you terribly miss me than that is where I can be found!! Also I already know that I will be thinking of you here in Canada!! Keep smiling and I shall return very soon!!



Meanwhile enjoy these pics as always and I will be adding more when time comes!



Cheers,

Eva








Harmony of balconies, which I love:


















Entertainment parks where I spent a bit of time in summers sneaking in and out




















Architecture, which makes Hungary very unique:




















My favourite staircases on which I ran up and down to cacth my friends during my university years in Budapest:













One of my best friends Eszter and I.













Late night walks in the old part of Buda and the smell after the rain made you mad and on these cobalt stone streets at night, where no ending conversations made it possible to dream!







Old friends I grew up with, who loved me and nurtured me and my soul, who taught me for respect and trying to see the bright side of this world under any circumstances, where love can heal anyone's soul with the right dosage of care. This is Julia, who passed recently away and whom I love.



Please stay with me and I shall post more photos for you but I should just make it to bed to get a good night sleep first;-)

No comments: